Happy National Watermelon Day! Look, let's get over the fact that this day is another random day celebrating a random thing and get on board with the fact it’s an excuse to celebrate and eat (or drink) something sweet and refreshing.
For the past two months, we’ve kept a constant stash of watermelon in our refrigerator for snacking and after-dinner dessert (Fitz is OBSESSED) so I feel like I’ve been celebrating watermelon all summer now. So, in honor of today's pretty pink and green guest of honor, I decided to share one of my favorite recipes: Watermelon Mint Popsicles
One of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of refreshing in-season ingredients available whenever you want them– case in point, watermelon.
Summer heat + refreshing + anything mint = match made in heaven.
These sweet treats are so easy to make that it’s almost embarrassing to share such an easy recipe, but they were even easier to devour, so I knew without a doubt that I had to share this one with you.
WATERMELON MINT POPSICLES
Easy, sweet, refreshing and perfect for summer!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 hr
Total Time: 5 hr 10 mins
Servings: 6 popsicles
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (about ½ lime)
- Optional: 1 tbsp raw honey
1. Add the cubed watermelon, chopped fresh mint and lime juice to a blender. If you’d like to make your pops even sweeter, add a tablespoon of raw honey as well.
2. Blend until well pureed.
3. Remove the bits of watermelon and mint leaves by pouring the blended mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
4. Pour the liquid into popsicle molds and freeze for 3-5 hours to set.