I don't know about you but TGIF. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right? If you’re looking for a festive cocktail idea for this weekend's halloween parties (or a way to celebrate National Pumpkin Day) or any fall celebration, really – here’s a fun Pumpkin Spice Mojito. Yes, it may sound a bit odd- but these days, what isn't pumpkin?! This take on the classic Cuban cocktail is refreshing and balanced and isn't too overpowering.
Kate's Two Cents: Since rum is the only spirit, select a high-quality dark rum!
PUMPKIN SPICE (and everything nice) MOJITO
- 11 mint leaves, plus a sprig for garnish
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/4 ounces aged rum
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 ounces club soda
- Muddle the mint leaves and sugar in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add rum, pumpkin, and lime juice.
- Add ice and shake until thoroughly mixed and chilled.
- Strain into a collins glass, top with club soda, and garnish with extra mint leaves.
p.s. If you're recently engaged and looking for a Boston wedding planner or New England wedding planner to help you create the wedding of your dreams, we'd love grab a cup of coffee and chat! xo